Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Contemplation of the Muse


The muse is an insatiable beast, pulling from the depths of our soul to reveal our true self. Our tools were forged from the earth, the trees and stones.The muse guided us on how to apply our humanity to them, to use our hands, feet, our breath, and our spirit to draw out the divine. Instruments. Strings. Hollow reeds and bones. Animal skin stretched over solid hard wood.We became such a willing participant that now we would be incomplete without our muse. So we feed the muse and she rewards us with the revealing of secrets and a language that traverses the entire universe, we are included and accepted.Music is life,life is music, a never ending song with infinite parts, melodies, dissonance and harmonies eternally twisted together and the root of my being, that I whole heartedly give into.

Welcome to the contmplation of the muse. My thoughts on music in my life and the greater spectrum and deep, profound effect it has on our lives and souls. I also will offer up my schedule of performances, updates on cds, new songs and musical endeavors that are to come, have been, and the meaning behind them. I would also love to share my lyrics, their meaning and the images they conjure for me and I would love to hear from you, your ideas what you feel and see.

Music has serious repercussions and profound effect on the soul and to make music without that in mind is detrimental to us all(pop music these days is like this in many ways,no).

I hope to connect with people who are into the arts and music and who are open to doing things outside the norm and in a way that not only makes people think, but makes people see the corolation between art, music, and the soul.
Michael Tait Tafoya

No comments:

Post a Comment