Friday, April 23, 2010

New Album is out!

My new album "Beyond the Horizon" is now here. I will be posting the link for cdbaby in about a week. This is an all instrumental guitar album. I used a loop pedal and recorded everything on one track in my studio at home. I wanted to capture the essence of playing these songs live while I use the loop pedal, so mixing it was a little harder than normal. I think it came out pretty good though. I recorded evrything in the past 6 weeks and sent it off to discmakers on-line and had the cd back in 4 days! Really quick turnaround!
I had been wanting to record an all instrumental cd for years but I was doing so many other things that it never got done. I've now put out a total of 4 albums, one with my friend Tommy Vigil(The Unborn Soul "Into the Canyons"2007) and 3 solo albums within the past year("En Otras Palabras"2009, "Carmen and Luke" 2010 and "Beyond the Horizon" 2010). I have 2 more albums that I will start working on now. Another solo album with guitar, and vocals this time, and an album of DaCapo Sol songs.
I am going to keep putting out albums for as long as I can. Thankfully I have the means to record at home which makes it all possible. Studios are way too expensive and the one time I recorded in a professional studio I felt rushed and not very creative. The other aspect is being able to upload songs on line and have as many cds as you need printed. When we made The Unborn Soul cd we had to order 1000 at once!I'm keeping the runs small and re-ordering when I run out...hopefully!
I hope you get a chance to hear some of my albums, I'm sure there's something within it all that will reach someone.

1 comment: