Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer 2010 Words,Music,& Life

It's July summer of 2010 and lots of things have changed and morphed,worked themselves out and been discovered and rediscovered. I posted a live video of me performing one of my favorite songs "Lie to Me" to let you all see how I perform this music live and I will be posting more in the near future.
The main thing that has transpired is I have ended my project of DaCapo Sol. The main goal of that project was to offer a little bit of a different take on my music and seperating that from the music of Michael Tait Tafoya. This idea seemed good at first but in the end created a sort of confusion within myself and to others. I now am putting out any music I create,no matter it's form or genre as Michael Tait Tafoya. Most of the music from that project will still be played,recorded, or simply take a slightly different angle.
Also this year I have rediscovered my love of writing. Whether it's for lyrics or writing peoms or even as therapuetic offerings into my journal,the power of writng down words has found me again. Along with that I have been playing more hand drums like the dumbek,cajon,bongos and conga,as well as some recently purchased drums;a hoop drum and tablas. The tablas are the greatest challenge and I'm still weary of playing those in public. Many people spend their whole lives mastering those drums and I just like the way the sound.
So far this year I've been mostly performing for private shows,which for me actually offers the best situation for being listened to and appreciated. This is an awesome thing that I sometimes don't get from public performances. I performed DaCapo Sol 3 times this year at a local bar with mixed results leading me to end the project and focus on one name and one way to present my music. I like to pride myself on playing the most appropriate music for any event I'm performing at, and will continue to do so. This means having enough music of slightly varying styles to at least play for 2 hours. I'm working on building my catalouge of music and really enjoy that part of being a musician who writes all his own music.
Thats about it for now.If you'd like to become a fan or friend of me and my music you can look me up at www.reverbnation.com/michaeltaittafoya or on www.myspace.com/michaeltaittafoya and my latest cd "Beyon the Horizon" is available at cdbaby.com/cd/MichaelTaitTafoya the link is on my blogpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment